Chopped Beetroot with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
It’s beetroot season again and, if like us, you have a mountain of scrumptious beetroot to find uses for, here’s one amazing one that will keep covered in the fridge for several days, and tastes better the longer you leave it, within reason!
Boil the beetroot in a large pan until cooked.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red onion, or shallots
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 grated carrot
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Put all ingredients for vinaigrette into a bowl except for the oil. Slowly add the oil to the ingredients whilst whisking. Pour onto the cooked/cooled beetroot.