Having been given some offcut Damson branches laiden with damsons in exchange for some eggs, I decided to make a little something to help combat the coming winter nights…damson gin.
Really easy this one:
- Wash and stone 500g of damsons.
- Add to a washed kilner jar or similar.
- Add the equivalent amount of sugar.
- Top up with 1 litre of gin.
- Shake vigorously until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Repeat 5) every few days for three months.
- Decant liquid into a new bottle and drink, small amounts at a time.
- Use the fruit pulp in an amazing damson pie, or a very drunk trifle 🙂